Monday, March 18, 2013

Fast Forward

"I Will Be What I Will Be
Exodus 3:14

I had a conversation with my brother who is a Buddhist. He mentioned that he has only this time, right now, and nothing else. I appreciate this concept. It is cool to be in the moment, and often I think I am not.

As I thought about this I have also been studying a bit about Judaism, and was interested to note, that the English translation of I am that I am could also be translated as I will be what I will be.

This is future language, and I think essential to both Judaism and Christianity: the forward look to God making everything right. In God, as a Christian, through Christ, I do have the future, the present, and the past. They are not simply gone, meaningless, and wasted. 

As Paul says in speaking about the importance, relevance, and power of the Resurrection: 

Throw yourselves into the work of the Master,
 confident that nothing you do for him 
is a waste of time or effort
1 Corinthians 15:58
  Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment