Friday, March 15, 2013

Back to the Future

This is heavy ~
Marty McFly

The week started with learning about being a lawyer (priest) in prayer. A new thought for me. The idea that I am expected to bring the case of my friends and relatives to the Heavenly Bench.

And I listened to a sermon about the hebrew word "kavod" which originally meant "heavy, or important". The idea impressed me, and then yesterday I had a heaviness I have had before, but did not recognize as "kavod".

Coupled with intercessory prayer, I found myself praying very earnestly for those in my orbit who were having to deal with a disruption in their life. It wasn't a sadness or sorrow, just a heaviness, a seriousness, that I was grateful to experience.

I am grateful for the fact that I did not assume what my friends "kavod" was, but realized that they will have it in different areas from me, but they will still have it. I found myself asking the Aaronic Blessing for them over and over:

May the Lord bless you
    and keep you.
25 
May the Lord smile down on you[a]
    and show you his kindness.


Numbers 6:24-25

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment