Friday, March 22, 2013

Coffee Talk

Come on now, let's discuss this!
Isaiah 1:18

As I continue to explore (and practice) intercessory prayer (is there any other?) in reference to my boss and my friend, I am struck with the notion that God wants me to talk with Him. Like I would my wife. At night we often sit and just talk about the day. It has never occurred to me, to just tell Him what has happened in the day. To take the time to say out loud the happenings of the day as if God did not know what happened. Of course He knows, but it seems that there is some great value in taking the time to say it.

I find this is one of the most important parts of intercessory prayer, for a couple of reasons: 1) I have noticed that when I do this I tend to concentrate on things I know (facts) and not on assumptions. 2) I have noticed that when I spend my time praying about assumptions, my spirit is never comforted, nor do I receive wisdom. 3) When I pray about things I know, I am finding that like the sun rising in the morning, so does my understanding. I find that my understanding of the situation -and more importantly - the person - grows.

Which isn't all that odd, how can you be wise - ie understand -  anything about nothing?


So he said he would destroy them—
    had not Moses, his chosen one,
stood in the breach before him
    to keep his wrath from destroying them
Psalm 106:23


Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment