Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Man and Wife

Therefore a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife. They become one flesh
Genesis 2:24

My wife and I are reading a book about marriage. We are about to go to marriage counseling. It is scary to think about for me because marriage is a gamble, like just about everything else in life. Will it work? What does it mean when it "works"?

Who knows?

I think God does. I think He knows that each of us longs for companionship and support. I think He knows we are all very lonely. Life on this planet (and no doubt sin) made us this way.

But marriage is often not a place of comfort, companionship and support. Often it is just a war with the other person who you really just want to live with in peace and safety.  You desperately trying to get those needs met while trying to fill the other persons needs. It is weird.

And I think one of the most human things we do.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment