Thursday, February 21, 2013

Advantage: Them

no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.
1 Thessalonians 4:6

I heard this verse (and hadn't really heard it before) in a podcast about Lust. The full text, if you read it says: In this matter (of sexual immorality; ie Lust) no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. So if I just wanted to obey the letter of the "Law" I would just worry about Lust.

But it seems to me Christianity is about everything. In everything no one should wrong....a brother or sister. I like this because it seems the gospel to me: self sacrificing love for another. Putting someone else's needs above your own.

Of course that could make a person a doormat for others, but I don't think it has to be that way. Long suffering and kindness may seem like that on the outside, but they are the virtues of the Kingdom of God.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment