Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wanted: Alive

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son
John 3:16

Here is a Person who wants to hang out with me, that He gave up everything to do it. He gave up his most prized possession. He had no other person before me. He wants me. He found an appropriate way to hang out with me (called reconciliation).

I can't tell you what it does to me when I find out that I am wanted. Now I want to want those around me. I find myself want to express respect for them, to show them how much I value them. I just pray that it is not in a sniveling selfish wanting way that so often characterizes want.

Want is not need for it breeds greed.

All this is God’s doing, for he has reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ; and he has made us agents of the reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:20




No comments:

Post a Comment