Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exodus 20:3

I had not thought of this before, but last week at bible study someone brought up the story of Abraham and Isaac. How God wanted Abraham to kill his only son. The person brought this up because they could not believe God would ask anyone to even consider doing this. And I agree with him, that is a horrible thing to ask anyone to do.

But it made me think about God. And it made me think about the 10 commandments. Then I thought about John 3:16.

I when God is demanding that we have no other gods before him. That we get rid of our idolatry  he isn't asking us to do anything he hasn't already done. God made us the priority in his life, and he was willing to put his son away for us. He made us the ultimate thing in his life. Nothing was more important than us to Him.

It just seems weird to think that in some ways the 10 commandments are for God too.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment